Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Autodesk® Revit® 2012 software is a free* technology preview that allows you to work with point cloud more easily in Revit. This plug-in automatically extracts useful geometry features from point cloud of buildings and creates basic Revit elements to aid the building modeling in Revit.
Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Autodesk Revit 2012 provides the following tools to facilitate the point cloud editing after it is inserted into Revit:
- Crop / Uncrop: Temporarily hide the points outside a rectangle or polygon
- Hide Point Cloud: Temporarily hide the whole point cloud object to facilitate the inspection of the feature extraction result
- Adjust Axis: Transform the point cloud data so that floor can be aligned with XY plane and major walls are parallel to Z axis
Moreover, this plug-in includes some main features specifically for Revit so that the extracted features / geometry can be smoothly integrated into the BIM workflow:
- Datum Extraction: Extract both level and orthogonal grid
- Site Extraction: Extract both terrain surface for ground surface creation and building footprint on terrain surface for building pad generation
- Wall Extraction: Extract both straight wall layout and arc wall
- Floor Extraction: Extract floor from selected points on the floor plan level
The Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Autodesk Revit technology preview is licensed for a limited term and for a particular territory as referenced in the End User License Agreement. The technology preview will operate until August 1, 2012.
RETIRED / GRADUATED
The technology preview has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. Your feedback shapes the future of our technologies.