The free* technology preview of Project Parsec for AutoCAD® Map 3D 2012 software provided functionality that enabled users to import and map GIS geometries and attributes to AutoCAD Map 3D industry models* from SDF, SQLite, and Esri® SHP and geodatabase files, as well as Microsoft® SQL Server® and Oracle® databases. By integrating CAD and GIS data in an industry-specific data model (for example, electric, water, wastewater, or gas), Map 3D users could:
- More easily create intelligent preliminary designs using industry-specific content and rules
- Perform analysis (for example, network tracing and attribute-driven thematic mapping) to help plan for service disruptions
- Help identify infrastructure that requires replacement or maintenance
- Report on existing infrastructure assets for stakeholders or regulatory agencies
* Project Parsec does not work with AutoCAD® Map 3D Enterprise 2012 software.
The latest update added French, Italian, German, and Spanish language installers to accompany the English ones. The installers came in 32-bit and 64-bit flavors.
RETIRED / GRADUATED
The technology preview has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. Your feedback shapes the future of our technologies.