Project Memento is a free* technology preview of a state of the art toolset that visualizes huge meshes from laser scans, photos, or any modeling application. It also automatically analyzes meshes for errors and allows users to easily fix them for digital use or fabrication. Mesh models created from reality capture data typically exceed hundreds of millions of polygons in size, making them very difficult to handle. With the limitations of available tools on the market today, users must create manual workarounds to finish their projects, such as splitting scenes into smaller meshes to fix topology or texture issues (holes, spikes, tunnels, particles, etc.) prior to downstream use.
- Fast loading of large meshes (geometry + texture)
- Supported import file formats: .OBJ and .RCM (ReCap mesh)
- Visualization of large mesh geometry + texture (wireframe, solid, textured)
- Mesh analysis/diagnostic tools (geometry only in this release)
- Automated and manual mesh fix tools (geometry only)
- Decimation tools during export (0-90% decimation range, geometry only in this release)
- 10-level undo-redo
- Export to .OBJ or Save as .RCM
Export to obj now supports texture.
- If there are no holes to be fixed on the mesh, the texture will be the same as the one imported in Project Memento.
- If the imported mesh had holes, after having been fixed, the holes will have a blended texture that covers the fill surface.