The free* technology preview of the River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2012 software and AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2012 was a sophisticated river modeling software package that supported HEC-RAS within the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 environment. This technology preview of River Analysis made it easier than ever before to compute water surface profiles for modeling rivers, bridges, culverts, spillways, levees, floodplain and floodway delineations, stream diversions, channel improvements, and split flows.
This extension for Civil 3D 2012 and Map 3D 2012 made it extremely easy to:
- Automate HEC-RAS cross section cutting, water surface analysis, flood plain mapping, and all related modeling tasks.
- Utilize numerous automation mapping tools for extracting cross sections from various digital terrain sources including contours, TINs, DTMs, DEMs, LiDAR data, survey files, surveyed cross sections, etc.
- Perform sophisticated bridge and culvert analysis as well as automating the process of designing and analyzing roadway crossings.
- Automate mapping of bank station locations, channel and overland flow lengths, levee locations, ineffective flow areas, Manning’s roughness data from topographic map data.
- Perform automated bridge scour computations for FHWA and state DOT roadway studies.
- Automatically generate floodplain and floodway maps, ready for FEMA and other agency submittals.
The River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D / AutoCAD Map 3D technology preview was licensed for a limited term and for a particular territory as referenced in the End User License Agreement. The technology preview executable will expire at the end of the technology preview based on a time-bomb date that is set for June 30, 2013. After that, the functional is only available as a non-expiring add-on for Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 Ultimate.
RETIRED / GRADUATED
The technology preview has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. Your feedback shapes the future of our technologies.