Project Basejump Technology preview is a FDO provider that enables you to bring Bing Maps layers into your maps, plans, and/or designs as a base layer. It can be applied to AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2013 software and AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 software in English language, running on all supported operating systems.
Autodesk Project Basejump Technology Preview requires AutoCAD Map 3D or AutoCAD Civil 3D installed in your machine prior to the installation.
Installing Project Basejump Technology Preview
- Download Project Basejump installer from website.
- Install by clicking the .exe and follow the wizard to complete installation.
- From the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the appropriate Base Map Service Technology Preview in the list of programs. Click Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- From the Start menu (Windows), click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Find the appropriate Base Map Service Technology Preview in the list of programs. Click Uninstall.
Note: Basejump Technology Preview can’t be uninstalled separately, please ensure it is removed prior to uninstalling AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 software.
On Windows 7 systems that use a proxy server, configuring your firewall to allow Project Basejump to operate correctly is a two step process. This process was supplied by a user and has not been tested at Autdoesk.
If you consult the AutoCAD Map 3D Services & Support page for Connecting to WMS/WFS feature provider through proxy server, you will note that you can add a system variable that will allow connections through a proxy server.
With the variable added to your system, you then acad.exe as an exception to your Windows firewall.
Feature Limitations and Notes
You cannot add Bing Maps via the Map workflow feature. If you create and run a Map workflow to add Bing Map layers to the current drawing, the Bing Map layers will not get added.