When the technology preview was active on Labs:
- Getting started guide (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document (PDF)
- Wiki Help Site - more effectively collaborate, troubleshoot and share ideas and reference materials. Users can add or edit Help information, and share videos, best practices, tips, tricks, tutorials, comments, tags, and Web widgets.
Autodesk® Inventor® Fusion Technology Preview 2013 is innovative, new Digital Prototyping technology that's changing the way people work with 3D mechanical design software. Inventor Fusion technology showcases intuitive direct manipulation capabilities for unrivaled ease of use, provides direct modeling for rapid design changes without limitations, and unites direct and parametric workflows within a single digital model created in Autodesk® Inventor® software.
Unites Direct and Parametric Workflows
With Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 2013, both direct, history-free and parametric, history-based workflows are united. The unique fusion of capabilities enables you to adopt the modeling approach that is most appropriate for the task at hand.
Now included in the Technology Preview download, Inventor Fusion change manager functionality* delivers:
- The freedom of direct modeling with the ability to exercise control over change
- Automatic creation, deletion or modification of features necessary to accommodate changes
- Automatic update of a parametric model's feature history with each change, ensuring critical design intent is maintained
Unrivaled Ease of Use
- Fast, easy selection tools for direct manipulation of your design models
- Heads-up sketching and modeling predict your actions based on design context
- Intuitive, graphics-based user interface keeps your focus on the screen center
- Advanced graphics technology for crystal clear visualization and stunning displays
Rapid Design Changes without Limitations
- Direct modeling when it's the right tool for the job
- Quickly make unique design changes and explore "what if" scenarios
- Easily express your design ideas irrespective of feature order, dependencies, or original CAD system
* Note: Inventor Fusion change manager functionality is included with the Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 2013 download. It applies only to original Inventor data and can only be activated if you have Autodesk® Inventor® 2013 software installed.
RETIRED / GRADUATED
The technology preview has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. Your feedback shapes the future of our technologies.