Project Artoo for AutoCAD Map 3D Readme
Project Artoo is a free technology preview of a geospatial cleanup utility for AutoCAD® Map 3D.
This readme contains the latest information regarding known issues that may affect your design efforts.
It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you install your Autodesk® product.
- Ensure that you have AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 installed.
- Click Download Now on the Autodesk Labs Project Artoo site to download the Geospatial Clean Up utility.
- Review this readme for Known Issues.
- Unzip the AutoCAD_Map3D_2013_ProjectArtoo.zip file to your local drive.
- Run the executable that matches your platform (32- or 64-bit) and follow the onscreen instructions.
- In AutoCAD Map 3D, type mapgisclean at the command prompt to invoke the Geospatial Clean Up wizard.
Return to Top
The following content offers information pertaining to known issues.
- When using the Delete Duplicates action, MultiLineStrings may get changed to LineStrings before deleting.
- The Suggest option is not available when setting tolerances for the Simplify Objects and Weed Polylines actions.
- The Sliver Polygon Removal action performs the Re-form Polygons action on all selected polygons whether slivers are found or not.
- Split Rules apply for all features affected by the Sliver Polygon Removal action.
- Sliver Polygon Removal and Re-form Polygons convert all polygons within a MultiPolygon to polygons.
- When using the Sliver Polygon Removal action, properties may not be correct when output to a new SDF or SHP file is specified.
- When using the Re-form Polygons action, properties are lost when output to a new SDF or SHP file is specified.
Interactive Clean Up
- If no errors are found, the Map Clean Up Errors dialog box will not display.
- You must Fix or Remove errors during the Interactive Clean Up process in order to continue to the next action. If you Mark or Mark All for a given action, errors will be marked for that action, and you will not be able to advance to the next action.
- The following actions are not available in Interactive mode. If any of these actions are selected, the interactive mode is disabled:
- Simplify Objects
- Weed Polylines
- Sliver Polygon Removal
- Re-form Polygons
- Cleaning Layers for very large data sets can take a long time. When cleaning Layers, use a smaller selection set or select a feature class instead.
Note: Cleaning of a feature class cleans the data source directly, and cleaned objects may not be visible in your map.
- Undo does not work for Delete Duplicates or Correct Duplicate Points actions.
- Geospatial Clean Up operations cannot be performed on Industry Model features.
- When the 3D Detection option is enabled, the Z value is not recognized for all actions except Break Crossing.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2012 Autodesk, Inc.